Church history

In 1814, the FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF CAROLINE, Tioga County, was organized near Cantine's Mill in what is now Brooktondale.

The BROOKTONDALE BAPTIST CHURCH evolved from the CAROLINE BAPTIST CHURCH. The meeting house that was erected in 1863 on Valley Road at the corner of Elm Street, was used until 1972 when a new building was built on N Y S Route 79 opposite Snyder Hill Road. It seats 265, has 8,500 square feet and classrooms on the lower level.